Exfoliation is a very important part of a skincare routine that determines how efficient your routine will be & how well your skin is able to seep in all you're trying to feed it!
- But why is it so important?
Exfoliation involves removal of dead skin cells from the surface of your skin & impurities from deep inside the pores, thus ensuring an effective pore care!
And taking care of your pores is the key to achieve a clear skin that's not only free from blackheads & whiteheads but also free from acne!
What are the major struggles with exfoliation?
No wonder why everyone wants to have an effective exfoliation routine but there are many concerns associated with starting exfoliation specially if you have sensitive skin or if you're a beginner. Here we are mentioning so of your concerns while clearing it one by one:
- Exfoliation might cause redness & irritation on my sensitive skin.
This is a valid concern as exfoliation does make the skin more prone to sensitivity and redness. It also makes the skin more prone to sun damage! The key to avoid that irritation specially in case you have a sensitive skin is to select the right exfoliant!
There are many exfoliating compounds that have bigger molecular size which doesn't let the exfoliant go deeper into the skin thus has lesser chances of causing irritation. Here are some of the exfoliating compounds that can be a great option for people with sensitive skin:
- Lipohydroxy Acid (LHA)
LHA is a great option if you have sensitive skin, it gently exfoliates and unclogs the pores to help with blemishes, dark spots and even acne.Rovectin clean LHA blemish ampoule has an effective formulation and is suitable for all skin types!
- Tranexamic Acid - Tranexamic acid is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid with bigger molecular size that doesn't go deep into the skin and hence doesn't cause any irritation and is also a well known alternative to Vitamin C. It is highly recommended for combatting hyperpigmentation while exfoliating and unclogging the pores.
- I'm a beginner.. How to start exfoliation?
Here are some tips for Beginners!
While starting with exfoliation make sure you start slow! Start with twice a week and take it up to every alternate day *depending on your skin’s requirements*.
Start with exfoliating toners & cleansers rather than starting with high performance exfoliants.
Golden Tips to make your exfoliation session an effortless & enjoyable one!
Cleanse your face thoroughly with an oil cleanser followed by a water based cleanser! - Helps your exfoliant work more efficiently!
- Apply an occlusive cream or petroleum jelly around eye area and around lips to avoid irritation on these senstive areas of the face.
Rovectin Clean Cica Care Balm
- Use exfoliant on a clean and dry face. - Using on a damp face will reduce the efficiency of the exfoliant.
- Avoid mixing up multiple exfoliants.
- Use a hydrating serum with Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol and other such humectants to compensate for the dryness that you might face after exfoliation.
After using the hydrating serum/ essence. Seal in the moisture using a thick cream with ingredients like Ceramides, Centella Asiatica, Peptides or even Snail secretion filtrate.
Nacific Fresh Herb Origin Cream
Happy Exfoliation! For more information follow our Instagram @skinbae.in